xscreensaver troubles

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
14 Aug 2001 17:40:05 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> I was having trouble with Xscreensaver taking over a minute to
> unlock my screen after putting in the password.  I emailed JWZ
> about it with what little info I had.  He suggested some stuff, I
> fixed the problem, and started to reply back.  Well, I got a bit
> sidetracked... ;)  Anyways, I hope you find it funny and not one
> of those "you really had to be there to understand the joke" things.

Wow, you really emailed Jamie Zawinski?  I wouldn't do that
unless I'd personally tried every other path.  Remember, this is
the guy who wrote Netscape---he can have you killed.  I'd as soon
drop Linus Torvalds an email because I was having trouble booting
Linux, or Richard Stallman because GCC miscompiled something.

On second thought, I *have* had email conversations with Richard
Stallman, and Alan Cox for that matter.

:-)