Xwin32

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:12:45 -0400

>I have downloaded XWIN32 software. When I try to connet to the linux
>machine it is not working at all . In the message window it is saying
>as Client 0. My linux version is Redhat 6.2 running on Pentium
>machine. Can anyone help me in this regard

Sure.  You'll need to run X-Util32 and create your session as follows:

connect using: XDMCP
XDMCP mode: Query
window settings: switch to single window mode

Then you'll need to go into the Options menu and Xhosts and add your
RedHat machine to your list of hosts.  Beyond that, just make sure that
RedHat is coming up to runlevel 5 and launching xdm/kdm.  That should be
all you need to do to configure things.  One thing I have noticed is that
if you run AfterStep or WindowMaker, some dock (aka "wharf") apps won't
behave properly within the client window whereas they work fine from the
console.  Hope that helps!

PaulM