linux as a workstation

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:05:51 -0400 (EDT)

you can also look at afpfs/netatalk which does Appletalk file sharing, it
is easy to setup, fast and I believe there are gui tools to do this.

The protocal autonegiotates the ip, numbers and switches from classic
Appletalk to Appletalk/IP which is probably about as fast as they come.

I do not know the status of afpfs though which is what lets you mount
appletalk shares on your Linux box, Netatalk does the shares from your
machine.

I feel like I am pushing Apple technology, but it just never gets
mentioned as an option though. *shrugs*

Sean