Helluva time with a new location

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:55:45 -0400

Mike Szumlinski wrote:

> Okay....here is what I'm looking at.
>
> I am also getting a "/kernel:dc0: watchdog timout", which I never got
> before. The only NIC in the machine runs off the dc driver...

Try moving the slot its in and/or making sure it is not sharing an irq
with another device, this may help.  you can use vmstat -i to see what
irq's are being used, if dc0 isnt listed but mux instead then something
is sharing the irq.  Use grep irq /var/run/dmesg.boot to find out what
irq's are being used by what.

If you can't make it happier, see if it works in the latest version of
FreeBSD (get snapshot builds from stable.freebsd.org, 4.4-release should
be out soon too).  If not, I'd contact wpaul@freebsd.org who wrote the
driver and give as many useful details about your machine and setup as
you can.  Don't just say "it doesn't work, help!!" unless you have
asbestos underwear handy.  ;)