[Announce: fungetty, a fun new getty for Linux framebuffers]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
20 Dec 2001 10:14:33 EST

Cory Spitz <spitzcor@cray.com> wrote:
> I've never set up framebuffer text consoles so I don't know much about
> them.  Can you adjust the font size??  The one thing I absolutely hate
> about my current setup is that the fonts are big enough to read from
> across the street - even on my little 17" monitor.

Sure.  Sounds like you have the framebuffer set up for 640x480 (yuck) when you
probably want 1024x768 or 800x600 depending on what you're doing.  The key is
the vga= line in lilo.conf.  0x303 is 800x600, 0x305 = 1024x768,   0x307 =
1280x1024 (these are at 256 colors, fine for normal use but depending on the
stuff you want to display on fungetty works, you may want 65536 colors, at
which point look in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt .)

> Speaking of Austin Powers, did anybody else think that the AP3 preview
> before LOTR was a joke?

It had better have been a joke.  Mmm, LOTR.  (Cave trolls!)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."