Mac Cube Construction Set

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:37:02 -0500 (EST)

I think I mentioned this at some point in the past and realized I
never sent it to the list... =)  So here it is, the Mac Cube
Construction Set! ;)  I didn't realize how long ago I wrote this!
July, wow!

Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:27:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu>
Subject: The Mac Cube Construction Set

I spent a lot of time when I was younger building Legos, so when
I saw the new Power Mac G4 Cube that Apple just announced, I knew
instantly what we needed.  I can just see it now, "The Mac Cube
Construction Set."

"For all your clustering needs, the Mac Cube Construction Set(R)
delivers.  Each cube is a self-contained computer with a 450mhz G4
processor, 64mb RAM, and a 20gb hard drive, all in a 7.7"x7.7"x9.8"
package.  These cubes can be stacked together to create complex,
aestetically pleasing, clusters and server farms.  Machine rooms
are a thing of the past, it's time to move your expensive servers
somewhere that the management can appreciate their value, the board
room!

The Mac Cube Construction Set(R) comes with plans for several basic
designs.  For those that need the processing power of 204 machines,
The Pyramid(R) design will catch anyone's eye.  8 cubes by 8 cubes
at the base (5 ft. by 5 ft.) and 8 cubes tall (just under 7 ft.),
this replica of the Great Pyramid of Egypt delivers 91.8 Ghz of G4
processing power!  Additional designs include the Mega Cube(R), an
8 ft. cube of solid computing power with almost 1300 processors,
the Rainbow(R), a 20 ft. long arch that's tall enough to walk under,
the Maze(R), built from 8 cube high wall segments, and the Jobs(R),
a giant bust of the Founder built from descendents of his own
creation!  (Note: The Rainbow(R) and the Jobs(R) recommend the Fruity
Colors(R) Expansion Pack, sold separately.)

The Mac Cube Construction Set(R) also includes EZCubeIt(R), a software
package that allows you to design your own 3D cube creations.
EZCubeIt(R) will help with the structural analysis of your design,
preventing embarasing collapses of your prized server collection,
and it will even render a photorealistic image of the design to
impress your bosses!  When we say your Mac Cube server structures
won't crash in front of the management, we mean it!

The Mac Cube Construction Set(R) comes with all you need to get
started in the server business, including instructions, EZCubeIt(R)
design software, a pallet of assorted Cube Connectors and Cube
Cables, and 20 Mac G4 Cubes.  Each set comes with a 90 day warranty
and 30 days free tech support.  All this for only $99,999.99!
Order now and receive 2 more Cubes absolutely FREE!  That's 10
percent more processing power FREE!

Coming this fall is the First Annual Mac Cube Construction Set(R)
Building Competition!  There are three categories to choose from:
Free Form (anything you want to build), Replicas (facsimilies of
existing or mythical structures, creatures, or objects), and Bridge
(try to support an 18 wheeler full of Mac Cubes, winner gets the
entire load!).  Visit our web site for more details and enter today!

To order this marvel of modern technology, visit our website at
http://www.maccubeconstructionset.xxx/ or have your credit card
ready and call 1-555-CUBE-SET"

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG President				http://www.gllug.org
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
                -- Jules de Gaultier