ldap

Scott Overfield 7239 soverfield@fnac-usa.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:40:02 -0500

I would like to use ldap for authentication, possibly single sign on for
winnt/2k,sybase, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu
[mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On Behalf Of Dpk
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 10:53 AM
To: Scott Overfield 7239
Cc: Linux-User (E-mail)
Subject: Re: ldap

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:40:11AM -0500, Scott Overfield 7239 wrote:

   Good Morning,

   Does anyone have any experience with the setup and administration
   of ldap directories?

Yes.

   Is there a GUI tool to accomplish this?

Not sure, I have always developed shell/perl scripts to
add/modify/delete from our directory using ldapsearch/ldapmodify
commands.

   Any help appreciated.....
   btw, openldap on RH7....

With LDAP having more than a few uses, may I ask what your plans are?
(for authentication, sendmail, general directory, netscape roaming
profiles, home-grown apps) It will help in recommendations and will
obviously be needed for planning your directory struction.

dpk