[X keyboard shortcuts]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
22 Feb 2001 21:08:09 EST

"Scott Overfield 7239" <soverfield@fnac-usa.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find a list of keyboard shortcuts for gnome
> and kde?
> I am looking for the equivalents of the windoze CTRL-P(print),
> CTRL-X(cut),CTRL-C(copy), CTRL-V(paste)...

CUtting and pasting text is easy.  Hold down mouse button 1, select range of
text, and the text range will be copied to the X or gpm clipboard when you
release the mouse button.  Press mouse button 2 (the middle button, or both
left and right buttons at the same time if your mouse is only 2-button) to
paste.  Should work in every X application, and on text consoles too if you
have gpm running.  Takes a little getting used to, but can be faster than the
"standard" way.

Every X application can implement printing differently, but KDE seems to have
settled on Ctrl-P as the shortcut key for printing.  Don't know about GNOME,
since GIMP doesn't have a shortcut key for printing, and neither the older
Gnucash nor xmms have a Print command.  Motif applications like Netscape will
use Alt-P, most likely.  HTH,

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
There is no Darkness in Eternity