docbook

Dan Nguyen nguyend7@cse.msu.edu
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:22:46 -0500

Tools you need:

* DocBook DTDs (v4.1 is newest) http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/docbook/
* Norm Walsh's DocBook DSSSLs  http://nwalsh.com/docbook/
* SGMLTools-Lite http://sourceforge.net/projects/sgmltools-lite/
SGMLTools-Lite will depend upon Python, as well as a few other helper
programs.

The DTDs define the official tags for DocBook.  You can add tags, but
then it won't be DocBook.  Norm Walsh's DocBook DSSSL provides nice
looking default appearances for the tags, as well as some ability to
configure the actions.  DSSSL files are written in Scheme, so you can
do just about anything with them.  SGMLTools-Lite (make sure to get at
least v2) is the tool that binds everything together.  It takes your
sgml file, the dtd, and the dsssl and produces the final output.

--
     Dan Nguyen     |  It was the best of times, it was the worst
  nguyend7@msu.edu  |  of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was