Hello

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:27:14 -0500

"Wu, Hu-Hwa" wrote:

> How small of a hard drive can you install RH 6.2 on ??
>
> or FREE BSD for that matter ??
>
> -Hu

Can't say about BSD - Ed???

Even for RH that's kind of a loaded question.  What do you want the
machine to do when you're done?  We have a bunch of machines we use for
DHCP servers and in a few cases include some token ring to ethernet
routing capability that install easily on a 540MB drive.  I _think_ it
might go as small as 420MB but I haven't checked that.  You can fit
things like Samba, Appletalk, and the DHPC server stuff with no
problem.  NFS is there though we don't use it, same with Apache.
Basically you get no X and no apps.  For a full Redhat install you'll
need at least a 1GB drive IIRC.  I could be wrong though - you're
probably best off to go to http://www.redhat.com and see.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us