twig

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:01:30 -0500

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 12:55:59PM -0500, Marcel Kunath wrote:

   Trying to play with twig.

   Is MySQL (or another kind) a requirement to run twig? Looking
   through the options in setup files it doesn't look like it
   _requires_ mysql. am I wrong?

Twig requires an SQL database.  Mysql is one of the many supported.

   I got imap installed but it doesn't let me log in. any clues why?

Any error messages?  Can you telnet to the IMAP port directly (telnet
localhost 143)?  Any log indication?

   I don't feel comfortable about the setup at all which basically
   only consisted of having apache with php and imap, moving files
   into a web directory and setting server name in a config
   file. Isn't there more to it?

Just setting up the db stuff.

   I can get to login page but I can't access the test.php3 file as it
   says I don't have permissions. What may be wrong there?

Did you check the file permissions?  Only your web server should have
access to view them (because the files do store the DB user and
password).

Dennis