AntiTrust

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 01:41:39 -0500 (EST)

On 15 Jan 2001, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Sean <picasso@madflower.com> writes:
>
> > I thought NT 4 ran on SGI, Sun, X86, and they had a beta that ran on PPC
> > but IBM's PPC not Apples (same chip, and could be hacked to run on Apple
> > hardware but..).
>
> ...but Apple runs everything big-endian and Windows expects
> little-endian, right?

Yeap, except I thought this was basically hardware issue where X86 is the
only little endian system and everyone else uses Big Endian.

> > I know they killed it a year or two ago but it is still
> > modern by Windows standards.
>
> Are you sure?  I thought that was just NT 3.5 and below.

Windows NT 4 and Enterprise server edition (nt 4 maybe?) still supports
Alpha.

You are right 3.51 supported everything. I was getting the
Windows family confuzzed..

> Anyway, doesn't matter much--NT has no apparent future on non-x86
> hardware.

Nods, Im hoping X86 hardware has no apparent future. But I have been
hoping that for floppies for about 5 years too. And people keep using
them for whatever reasons..