Distrubution recommendation

David Burgis daveburgis@excite.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:13:45 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:53:25 -0500, Mike Szumlinski wrote:

>  I just found an old 1.5 gig IDE drive floating around my apartment and I
>  want to try throwing Linux on my Dual 500 G4. I was wondering what distro
>  anyone else has ever tried. I haven't run Linux on my mac in about a year
>  and a half, so I don't even know which distro's support PPC anymore (I
heard
>  RedHat and Debian both do now?). I also know of YellowDog and LinuxPPC
2k.
>  Any ideas from anyone?
>
>  -Mike

Well SuSE runs really well on my 7200 and I've heard good things about it
running on G4s. I really like it, and it doesn't seem to have any serious
flaws. It depends on if you are going to use it on the desktop then use SuSE
and if you're doing network then use Yellow Dog.

Also Red Hat does not run on the PPC. Neither does Debian though it runs on
68ks.

Dave
"Danger, hah! I laugh at danger (pause).
Then I run away and hide."--Xander Harris

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/