command to locate nameservers question

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
18 Jan 2001 15:29:52 -0500

"Don Chorman" <chormand@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> I am curious to see what nameserver @home is running.
> When I had RedHat 6.0, I could run the command:
> host -t ns blahblah.net
> I tried this command, and apparently it does not
> exist on Mandrake 7.2. Is there another way or
> command to do this?

Probably you just need to install the right package.  Or maybe
you have nslookup, which will do the same thing given a slightly
different syntax:

blp:~(0)$ nslookup -query=ns home.com
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
home.com        nameserver = NS1.HOME.NET
home.com        nameserver = NS2.HOME.NET

NS1.HOME.NET    internet address = 24.0.0.27
NS2.HOME.NET    internet address = 24.2.0.27

--
"...dans ce pays-ci il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral
 pour encourager les autres."