NFS

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:00:29 -0500 (EST)

I've been banging my head against the wall about this for a while,
time to see if anyone on the list can jar my brain loose... =)

An NFS server has a dual-port ethernet adapter.  Etherchannel
(combining two ethernet links into one) is not supported on the
server end, so it isn't a viable solution.  Each port now requires
its own IP address.  There are N clients trying to use the server.
Excluding manually setting N/2 clients to point to each IP, and
excluding spending big $$$ on a load balancer, is there any good
solution for spreading the load to take advantage of the second
ethernet port on the server?

*sigh* The stress of having cool hardware to work with... ;)

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Technical Support Services