[Meeting this weekend?]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
31 Jan 2001 16:47:53 EST

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> wrote:
> Mark, Roger, either of you able to host a meeting this weekend?
> If not, maybe we can do a Pizza Hut gathering or something, change
> the pace a bit.  I don't have a lot to talk about, unless you want
> me to ramble for a while on FreeBSD... ;)
> In the interest of getting back into having presentations, what
> would everyone like to see at meetings, and/or what kinds of
> presentations would everyone like to give?  They don't have to be
> an hour long, even a few 15 minute ones would help, we could have
> a couple of different topics at one meeting that way.  Also, what's
> the status of our Latex presentation? =)  And speaking of Latex, I
> used Latex for my TC class to answer some questions and write up
> the script for our 60sec commercial. =)  Looks pretty good... ;)

FreeBSD?  Hmm, I'd actually like that, as I have it sitting around but never
got the time to tweak/fiddle/play around with it to the point of doing "useful
work".

WRT presentations, I could probably put something together about PHP (or
CGI.pl) and MySQL/Oracle, but then so could many other people.  I've done some
rather pedestrian stuff with POVray and mpeg_encode, but that's certainly not
Linux-specific.  I've spent a lot of time on Usenet (comp.os.linux.* , "Dances
With Crows") advising folks about using CD-R(W)s under Linux, doing basic
scripting crud, and configging sound/video/kernels, so if y'all see a need,
I'm willing to put something together there.

LaTeX has been on the "this is neat, learn about it sometime" list for me for
the last 1.5 years, so I'm curious about that too.  Looking forward to the
meeting, where/whenever it gets held....

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
There is no Darkness in Eternity