inetd/netbios error

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:24:59 -0400 (EDT)

sapphire:~ % grep netbios-ns /etc/services
netbios-ns      137/tcp    #NETBIOS Name Service
netbios-ns      137/udp    #NETBIOS Name Service

sapphire:~ % sockstat | grep 137
root     nmbd       321    8 udp4   *:137                 *:*
root     nmbd       321   10 udp4   10.0.0.1:137          *:*

Its probably an nmbd, the netbios name service daemon, sounds like you may
be running it standalone and from inetd at the same time, which wont get
along.