tiny PCs? (fwd)

Mark Szidik szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

I'm Forwarded this from the SAGE mailing list.  I thought some of
the hardware dudz on the list would find it interesting.

-Mark

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:15:03 -0700
From: Hal Pomeranz <hal@deer-run.com>
To: sage-members@usenix.org
Subject: tiny PCs?

I'm suddenly in the market for several small, headless x86 boxes.
When I say "small", I'm talking about the size where I could build a
small network of machines (say 3-6) into a hard shell flight case and
lug it around with me on airplane trips (as _checked_ baggage).

The machines should have a NIC and at least 2GB of disk space.
Ideally, the hardware would support all of the current major OS types
(Win32, Linux, *BSD, and perhaps Solaris x86), and at least have an
option for external SVGA output.

Replies to me and I'll summarize to the list.  Thanks!

--
Hal Pomeranz, Founder/CEO       Deer Run Associates       hal@deer-run.com
     Network Connectivity and Security, Systems Management, Training