[cdrecord speed= option]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
8 Jul 2001 16:50:23 EDT

Mark Szidik <szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us> wrote:

> Using cdrecord with an IDE Acer 8x4x32 drive.  I can't get
> cdrecord to run at speed=6 when I set it to 6 it just runs at 4x.
>
> The drive will not run at 8x at all.
> Anybody know why cdrecord wont run at 6x?

Which version of cdrecord?  And what is the exact error message that cdrecord
returns when you try speed=8?  It doesn't surprise me that the drive won't run
at 6x--it seems that CD-R(W)s are mostly finicky about the speeds they run at,
as I used to have a 4/4/16 drive that refused to burn CD-Rs at anything other
than 4x (though it burned RWs at 1, 2, and 4).  And of course, if you have an
RW blank in the drive (or the drive thinks you have an RW blank) then it'll
only go at 4x.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."