Lansing Chamber Of Commerce Open source presentation

Mark Szidik szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:17:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Gang,

I need some help here.  The Lansing Chamber of Commerce is
holding a presentation in September on Open Source.

We are trying to find a "big-name" presenter to bring in for the
event.

Does anyone have suggestions for other speakers (not on the list
below) that can speak (well) about the *business* benefits of
using Open-Source software?

We have thought of the obvious names:
Linus
Eric Raymond
Brian Behelendorf
Bruce Perens
Tim O'reilly
Bob Young

Ben: do you know how we can reach Linus, and do you know if he is
willing to do this kind of presentaiton?

I think this presentation will be a very good thing.  Spreading
the word on the benefits of open-source is a hard thing to do,
especially for this audience.  I want to Thank Tim Owen for
putting this presentation on the calendar.

TIA,

Mark Szidik
GLLUG President