debian and net access

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:38:43 -0400 (EDT)

I will probably wait til Debian 3.0 is released but I am quite curious already.
I had a closer look at the directory structure.

I compare stable/non-free/i386/admin and testing/non-free/i386/admin
directories.

The former contains 4 files and the latter 1 file. How does this work? A person
installs debian stable and then upgrades to testing and the testing directories
only include added and updated packages but not all distro originals? One
cannot install testing without installing stable at first? The same holds true
for unstable?

There is directories for all the platforms and then an "binary-all" directory.
Does this mean directory i386 is only a subset of the needed packages and one
also needs the "binary-all" directory to install properly?

  -- Marcel Kunath