LCD Displays

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:19:48

I've looked into building a Route66 box
(http://www.anders.com/projects/route66/) that uses an LCD/VFD display,
Anders recomends one from Matrix Orbital (http://www.matrix-orbital.com/).
I've found them (of all places) at Linux Central (http://linuxcentral.com/)
in Clinton Township.  They're about half-way down MO's distributors page
(http://www.matrix-orbital.com/distributors.htm).  Here's MO's page on VFDs
(http://www.matrix-orbital.com/serial-vfd.htm), They are reccomended for
in-car products because they are viewable in dirrect sunlight (unlike most
LCDs) and they have a much wider functional temperature range.

A quick visit to Linux Central shows that they have a 20x4 VFD with bay
insert in two colors for $167.95
(http://linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?prod_code=M000-017&id=7cJzJTstNfFfY),
a 20x4 plane jane VFD for $139.95
(http://linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?prod_code=M000-009&id=7cJzJTstNfFfY),
and a 20x4 VFD with keypad for $148.95
(http://linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?prod_code=M000-011&id=7cJzJTstNfFfY).

Ok, now that that's over, I think we need to discuss the GLLUG awards for
completely obliterating a question, and astounding number of URLs per
english word. ;)

--Tim