AT&T Cable

basher584 basher584@usol.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:03:01 -0400

Daniel R . Kilbourne wrote:

> Anyone have experience with how good/bad AT&T Cable modems are in the area? They just became available here, and I am debating whether it is worth dumping my frame circuit or not.....

I have had only 2 outages in the past 8 months or so (that I have noticed).  The one outage was serveral hours while the other was about 20 minutes.

I usually get around 270k/s when downloading mozilla.  Except in the
past two weeks or so, data transfer has been horrible bursts of 40k
giving me about 11k/s sustained transfer.  It started getting better the
past few days though, so I am hopeing it was all just Code Red Worm
congestion.

-Ben