opensource alternatives

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:34:09 -0400

Scott Overfield wrote:

> Interoperation for now, although eventually I would like to move away from
> mickeysoft altogether, at least in the back room....

Amen - let us kneel and pray!  To answer your question though,
interoperation is a problem now and looks like it might be for a while.
I'm on the one of the samba lists and see _a lot_ of traffic just about
simple file sharing and logins from win2k clients - and as I mentioned
before - full NT4 interoperation isn't even there yet (I think the
basically dead samba_tng branch has some NT4 capability which is still
not in the main samba branch).  My impression is that AD really isn't
very much on the radar at this point.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us