xml from ed

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:42:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Edward Glowacki wrote:

> \n\n            ---> </para><para>
>                      </section>
>
> I wouldn't have to change the way I usually edit files too much
> to make this system work, since I already do \n\n between
> paragraphs and use "- text" to denote lists.

Maybe I am offbase for what you want, but you could just set up a list of
aliases for regexp expansion/contraction read from an alias type of file
and have perl/python do the macro expansion/contraction.
Like your alias file would have this for a prototype.

Your script would read in the alias and could go either way with it with a
regex substitution. and it wouldnt be so sticky about placement.

Matter of fact I am surprised there _isnt_ something like this already
like in the xml standard.