xml from ed

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:36:30 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:20:29AM -0400:
> Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Maybe set it up so most editing is
> > done in (structured) plaintext, but converted to XML (docbook,
> > edbook, whatever) sort of on-the-fly:
> >
> > \n\n            ---> </para><para>
> >                      </section>
> >

> This is generally the ways that Wikis work, so you might have a
> look at their formats.

I looked around a bit and found a python module for handling
structured text.  It looks like it converts back and forth between
HTML and structured text, which isn't exactly what I want, but I
can probably fudge it a bit.  There's also some XML tools for
python, but I'm just not grokking how to use them... =(  This whole
XML thing sounds like a nice idea, but thusfar it doesn't seem very
user friendly... =P

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org