Ip-Masq

korreck1@msu.edu korreck1@msu.edu
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:08:54 EDT

----------part3b6210a6a0bbe

I went into /usr/src/linux-2.4
I typed in make mrproper
make config
make dep
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
I then copied the kernel bzImage from /usr/src/linux-2.4/arch/i386/boot to /boot.
I then edited lilo.conf and ran /sbin/lilo to reconfigure lilo.
On reboot the computer is unable to ?assign an interupt to hdc my cdrom,  not
to big of a deal at the moment but as it gets down farther it is unable to
load eth0 which was compiled into the kernel (I double checked this by redoing
everything and trying again) then at the next part of the boot when it tries
to initialize dhcpcd for eth0 so that it can connect the startup freezes,  I
waited 1 hr to be sure it wasn't just taking a long time to fail, before I
rebooted.  If you want the specific errors the new kernel produces when I boot
it let me know I probably didn't get them completely right but it's close.
Jeremiah Korreck

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> said:

> <korreck1@msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Hi,  I'm relatively new to linux,  but I decided I need to get rid of win2k on
> > my main system this weekend.  Unfortunately I may have to go back to it unless
> > I can figure out how to compile masquerading features into the redhat 2.4
> > kernel.  When I try to recompile the kernel it will not boot and I'm at a loss
> > as to what to do next.
>
> Explain how you recompiled and installed the kernel.

----------part3b6210a6a0bbe

bnRlbnQtVHJhbnNmZXItRW5jb2Rpbmc6IGJpbmFyeQ0KDQo=