need 50-pin internal scsi terminator

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
30 Jul 2001 16:18:50 -0400

Sean <picasso@madflower.com> writes:

> Discount PC has a lot of adapters for reasonable prices.
>
> I'm not doubting you, but I guess I am surprised you actually need one.
>
> Most devices are self-terminating, at least the ones I have run into in
> the last 5 years, usually its a jumper on the device. Typically it
> ends up to be a problem with the device before the last one on the chain
> because termination is enabled on it.

I'm fully aware of this, and in fact the device in question (an
ancient Plextor CD-ROM drive) did come with an internal
terminator.  It's just that in order to put a SCSI ZIP drive on
the same chain I had to disable (remove) its internal terminator.
In doing so, I broke it: it was a set of three packages
containing perhaps 4 resistors each, all of which were reluctant
to come out, and one of which shattered when I applied necessary
force.  So now that I want to remove the ZIP drive from that
particular chain, I have to get a new source of termination.  It
should be significantly easier to find a terminator than to find
a resistor with exactly the right specs.