Interesting problem

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 13:10:29 -0400

I just attempted to upload a very large file to my FreeBSD server and was
awestruck to find that I was only getting about 40-50k/sec when everything
is on a private 100mBit network.  A quick look at my switch finds that about
every two seconds, the private network ethernet card in my FreeBSD box goes
inactive, then pops back on. Is this a hardware or a software problem? I
can't figure it out.  I should be putting data onto the server at something
like 5-10MB/sec like I do between my Macs on the same private network.

Any ideas?

-Mike
|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
|A26079565                 |
"The future is no place to place your better days" -DMB