XML creation

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:48:56 -0400 (EDT)

I felt the same way. I been doing a lot of reading the last weeks. Most sites
explained either XML or XSLT but never really how they connect. I think by now
I got the hang of it though.

I know so much to not play with DTDs or stylesheets right now but rather use
the premade docbook set and xsl sheets. I just want to get a feel for it first.

I use Saxon to turn it into HTML. I tried XT/XP but wasn't successful yet. I
also want to try Xalan from Apache but couldn't get that to go yet either. I
think Xalan is the most feature rich parser/translator. I still haven't
figured out yet how to turn a docbook xml file into PDF though.

Fact is there is more than enough material out there but its tough to
comprehend.

mk

> > I'm looking for some good resources on using XML.  I've
done some > searching, but there is just so much data out there on XML that