Dual-Linux boot

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:31:18 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 04:17:19PM -0400:
> I'm not sure that this extreme of an approach is necessary,
> especially with the new version of apt (the one in
> testing/unstable that has "super cow powers").  With this version
> you can install selected packages from unstable even if you're
> running stable or testing.

"super cow powers"???

Speaking of apt, have any better frontends besides dselect appeared
recently?  Or has dselect gotten any better?  I haven't been able
to update my Debian install in a while since I don't have a network
connection at home, and I haven't been following Debian progress
either.

> Reinstalling older versions might be a problem, I guess, but it's
> pretty rare in practice and I haven't had to do it in the last
> couple of years.  (I run unstable all the time on my Debian boxes
> and update frequently.)

I just had that problem on my FreeBSD box regarding Mozilla and
Galeon, which is I think why I brought it up.  I can't get Galeon
to run right now because Mozilla 0.9 is broken, but I can't get
Mozilla CVS to compile to upgrade it, and I can't go back to an
older version of the Galeon source.

> "To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
>  feature-poor toys."
> --Scott Adams

I tend to agree! ;)

--