LiVid / linuxvideo

Joe Glass joe@glass.cl.msu.edu
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:04:30 -0400

A few threads back I read some stuff on DVD playing on Linux, and
someone recommended linuxvideo.com, the home of the LiVid project.  I
installed OMS (open media system) and OMI (OMS gtk interface), and it
played DVD's, but the sound and video speed didn't match (on new
hardware).

I looked for help on this issue, and it turns out that the software is
in a development stage and doesn't yet support sound and video
'syncing'.  The project is pretty much at a standstill, they are looking
for someone to head the project.

For anyone wondering, I was told to check out Xine, which is a more
stable project.

http://xine.sourceforge.net/

Joe

--
Joe Glass
Technical Support Services, Michigan State University