Increasing vtys in SunOS

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:28:17 -0400

Greetings group,
    I work in an environment that uses a few bastion hosts to access most
of
the company resources that get used in day to day operations. The problem
is
that for some reason, these boxen are limited to either 20 or 24 logins (I

can't remember which at the moment). The "administrator" says he knows how
up the limit in linux and bsd, but not with sun. (Its version 5.7 if that
makes any difference.) I've done some searching with a few different
engines,
and can't seem to find the answer to this problem anywhere on the
internet.
Does anyone on this list know how to up the limit of vtys to say, 40? TIA.

I'm not sure about 7 or 8, but in Solaris 2.6, there's a variable in
/etc/system that you can change and then just bounce the system.  In
BSD-ish systems (Linux included) it's in the /etc/inittab file.

PaulM