Permissions...

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:55:59 -0400 (EDT)

If his account is going to be ftp only you can set his account's shell to
something like /sbin/nologin(or /usr/bin/passwd so they can change their
own pass), put it in /etc/shells so ftpd allows login, and man ftpd and
search for chroot for chroot instructions for the FreeBSD ftpd.  Or, you
have your wide choice of alternative ftpd daemons with different
configuration methods in /usr/ports/ftp.  If you want to stick with the
system ftpd and cant get it chrooted by the manpage's instructions, I can
assist further.

--
Adam McDougall
DECS Student