Permissions...

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:24:38 -0400

>For ftp, proftpd supports chrooted users.  wuftpd can support  chrooted
users.
>However wuftpd requires you to make sure certain libs are available.
Proftpd
>does not.
>Personally I think proftpd is the best ftp server.  Very easy to use and
has
>apache like config files.

I'm going to second this assertion.  Setting up chrooted users w/ proftpd
& *BSD is pretty straightforward and works flawlessly.  It works equally
well under Linux (Slackware, non-PAM, at least - I don't know how RedHat
or Debian like it).  It's very "tweakable" which makes it great for
security-minded administrators or those looking for custom behaviors from
an FTP server.

PaulM