docbook

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:39:42 -0500 (EST)

There is a lot of stuff out there but there isn't a great introduction on how
to use docbook properly. I read the o'reilly book but even its examples
wouldn't work for me. if anybody can point me to some simple examples which
work I'd appreciate it.

Ok I got file with this in it:

<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
       <para>
       This is a paragraph in the test chapter. It is unremarkable in
       every regard. This is a paragraph in the test chapter. It is
       unremarkable in every regard. This is a paragraph in the test
       chapter. It is unremarkable in every regard.
       </para>
       <para>
       <emphasis role=bold>This</emphasis> paragraph contains
       and a <superscript>super</superscript>script
       and a <subscript>sub</subscript>script.
       </para>
       <para>
       This is a paragraph in the test chapter. It is unremarkable in
       every regard. This is a paragraph in the test chapter. It is
       unremarkable in every regard. This is a paragraph in the test
       chapter. It is unremarkable in every regard.
       </para>
       </chapter>

I do:

nsgmls -sv -c /usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.docbk31 test.sgm
nsgmls:I: SP version "1.3.4"
nsgmls:/usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.docbk31:24:0:W: DTDDECL catalog entries are
not supported

What is this error message?

Then I do this:

jade -t sgml -d
/usr/share/sgml/Norman_Walsh/document/DocBook_HTML_Stylesheet -i html
test.sgm

and it just starts racing error output.

mk

Tools you need: