CSE FTP Mirror

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:35:11 -0500 (EST)

Actually I agree in principal with Marcel. (I wasnt trying to knock suse,
its just not my _personal_ preference.)

I think it would be a good idea to mirror some of the lessor mirrored
sites.

Also along those lines, are there not already like redhat, debian,
kernel mirrors, etc.  already on campus? Maybe an overall organization of
what is available (officially ie not renegade servers) should be looked
at.

For example I assume marvin.pa.msu.edu is a legit server
You will find here:
        RedHat Mirrors:            /linux/redhat
        Corel Linux ISO:           /linux/corel
        Linux Kernel:              /linux/kernel
        VALinux Mirrors:           /linux/VALinux
        SSH Mirror:                /ssh
        IRAF RPMS (MSUPA):         /IRAF

Would it really do anyone any good for CSE to mirror what is already being
mirrored on campus like the Linux Kernel (provided it is a complete
mirror, the RedHat isnt a complete mirror)? and maybe free up some
resources so there is lots of room for some of the lessor mirrored stuff.

I mean even extending this a bit you could almost complement Bigfoot
@umich