Sun Blade 100

David Burgis daveburgis@excite.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:19:39 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:56:27 -0500 (EST), Sean wrote:

>  Any thoughts on the new Sun Blade 100's? I mean < $1k for a 64-bit
>  machine doesnt seem that outrageous. Even though the Ultra Sparc IIe
>  processor, it has 3PCI slots, serial, parallel, USB and Firewire ports,
>  and a pretty good graphics cards.

Technically you can get another 64-bit machine for under a thousand. The
iMac has a G3 (it's 64-bit!), firewire, usb, and a decent graphics card
(though I personally don't like the rage pro) for 829 (less if you get an
older style). Unfortunately the OS is 32 bit, but you could just put SuSE or
Yellow Dog on it. But the Sun Blade is superior in having serial, parralel,
expansion, and being a superior machine.  But there is another 64 bit
machine under a thousand.

Dave
"Danger, hah! I laugh at danger (pause).
Then I run away and hide."--Xander Harris

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/