emacs

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:31:38 -0500 (EST)

I am still playing around with win2k. I don't think it reads my _emacs file. I
got my config here:

http://www.montiehouse.com/~kunathma/.emacs

Now if I have it in _emacs XEmacs loads up without errors. Then I do go

C-x C-f ~/htmltest.html

and it asks me to commit to an email address. I do and it saves this
customization in .emacs not _emacs.

I say "ok" and I move my stuff from _emacs into .emacs. I restart XEmacs and
then it starts giving error message. This is totally confusing.

BTW I found a real nice how to:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/book1.html

which actually helps me understand how all this dtd dsssl sgml .cat catalog
openjade jadetex junk works together. =)

Still I don't have it working due to this emacs config.

The error is:

(1) (initialization/error) An error has occurred while loading ~\.emacs:

End of stream: "internal input stream"

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause of the error
in your initialization file and remove it.  Use the `-debug-init' option
to XEmacs to view a complete error backtrace.

Thanks,

mk