DSL/Cable in the W. Lansing area?

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
23 Mar 2001 17:45:50 EST

I've been stuck on a 56K (actual speed more like 33.6) dialup for 5 months
now, and it sucks and blows at the same time.  Better connectivity on the west
side of town is difficult to find; I've Googled and gone to various pages
claiming to offer broadband service in Lansing and come up empty every time.
So I humbly ask the other folks on the list:  What options exist for
better-than-modem connectivity on the west side, and what are your opinions of
the various options?

At this point, I don't care so much about speed, certainly not about download
speed.  Last year, I shared a 384Kbit SDSL with 4 other folks, and that was
fine with me.  What I'd really like is a constant connection of some type.
I'd pay $40/month to have a 24-7 128/128 connect, more for higher speeds, but
the number I'm really interested in is the upload speed.  (Yes, I know about
ISDN, but that per-minute charge thing sounds hideous, not to mention
potential difficulties with the terminal adapter under Linux.)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
There is no Darkness in Eternity