Internal 56k Winmodem (Dell Inspiron 4000)

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 06:35:27

I cracked open the case on my inspiron tonight, and took a peek at the
mini-pci win-modem hiding in there.  It turned out to have a Lucent chipset
(one that I hear rumblings of on linmodems.org) so I figured maybe all hope
isn't lost (for getting absolutely -everything- working on my laptop).
Here's some URL's I've followed, I will update on my progress.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I posted because I know that at least
DPK also has an Inspiron 4000.

http://www.lucent.com/micro/K56flex/doc.html
http://www.ls.net/lsnet/modems.html
http://www.compaq.com/products/software/linux/
http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
http://www.close.u-net.com/
http://walbran.org/sean/linux/stodolsk/
http://808hi.com/56k/ltwin.htm
http://www.tony-curtis.cwc.net/toshiba/linux-news.html
http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/thompson.txt
http://puma.uio.no/toshiba-40xx/
http://www.lucent.com/micro/dsp/16bit.html
http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/3cp5610.txt
http://www.mobilix.org/modem_linux.html
http://www.linux-laptop.net/

p.s. I have not read all that stuff yet, just expanded a lot of links and
bookmarked them.  I'll hev them read by tomorrow.

--Tim