GLLUG meeting topics

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:03:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com wrote:
>         The short answer is that Linux can connect as a client to any of
> those platforms and
>         can emulate your NT/2K, Novell, and NFS servers.  It really is a
> "black box" when
>         it comes to connecting network platforms together.  Did I mention
> it'll do AppleTalk, too? :-)

It rocks for Appletalk! *ducks* Although MacOS X's Appletalk support is
limited and it doesnt work, but MacOS X does ship with an NFS client.

Its a black box for a lot of things, its actually pretty damn handy to
have around just as a black box for unknown disks, recovering lost data,
keeping you up all night for 2 weekends straight until you figure out your
controller isnt supported, and playing nice with a lot of networking. =)

BTW since I havent mentioned it I finally got RH7 and the 2.4.3 kernel
working with USB and the Belkin Omniview USB KVM. I finally broke down and
tore (one of) my macs apart and snagged an OHCI card and all was happy.

Linux USB doesnt support the Intel PIIX3 UHCI chipset, yet (if ever) =(
So I can't test the Firewire card I got now =(