major data processing into pdf

Mark Szidik szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us
Fri, 4 May 2001 08:00:17 -0400 (EDT)

Marcel,

Pdflib is a C library to for creating PDF files.
See pdflib.com for info.  It uses the Aladdin license.

I am using PHP + pdflib to generate PDF files on the fly (when a
users requests a report via the web) from data stored in a
postgreSQL database.  It works well for me.  I don't know how
well it will scale to MSU's size, but you should look at it.

Mark Szidik
System Administrator           Ph: 517.694.4242 x17  Fax: 517.694.9303
Michigan Library Consortium    http://www.mlc.lib.mi.us