Ftp server

jtuma@triton.net jtuma@triton.net
Thu, 10 May 2001 21:47:11 -0400

Greetings all,

    I'm finally attempting to get my file server going that had Red Hat
installed on it at the April 1 meeting.  I've determined that the easiest
way to access it from my OS/2 client machines is to use Netdrive - OS/2
software that allows ftp servers and other peripherals like digital
cameras to be mounted as drive letters.  To do this I need to have an ftp
server running on my RedHat box and I can't remember 1) whether we
installed one along with RedHat or 2) how to check that with the command
to show what programs are running.  Also, how do I make sure the ftp
server cannot be accessed from outside my network?  Thanks in advance -
all advice appreciated - will probably see you at the next meeting -
couldn't make it on 4/29.

Jim Tuma

"Can the Liberties of a nation be
 secure when we have removed a conviction that these
 liberties are the gift of God?"  -  Thomas Jefferson
Jim Tuma
Charlotte, MI