rm -rf fails

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
19 May 2001 21:22:41 EDT

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:
> Yeah there are inode errors. I can't find that posting on colmisc. I hope
> there is a way to fix this without reformatting...

The post you're looking for is titled "When Good Filesystems Go Bad", author
name "Dances With Crows", and it might be on col.hardware.  Basically you want
to get the latest reiserfsck, since the version SuSE shipped with 7.0 is
completely farkled, then run it on the affected filesystem with --rebuild-tree
since the "safe" options don't fix squat.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."