VMWare and FreeBSD

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Tue, 22 May 2001 10:40:58 -0400

I would think it would be more interesting to try and get something like
BeOS running under VMWARE using linux emulation under FreeBSD. That way
you'd be working in 3 oses instead of 2.

Its like the time I installed Virtual PC on my mac and ran Fusion to emulate
a 68k mac which in turn emulated a Nintendo.

I was bored...sue me

On 5/22/01 10:37 AM, "Edward Glowacki" <glowack2@msu.edu> wrote:

> Well, I tried again today and finally got VMWare working successfully
> under FreeBSD.  Far enough to do a network install of FreeBSD within
> the virtual machine anyways, meaning at the very least I have a
> functional network.  This means I have FreeBSD running inside of
> VMWare which is running under Linux emulation on FreeBSD... ;)
>
> Once I get this up and running, maybe I'll try and install a
> webserver or something on it... ;)  It'll be interesting to see
> how stable it is... =)

|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
|A26079565                 |
"The future is no place to place your better days" -DMB