VMWare and FreeBSD

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Tue, 22 May 2001 13:21:00 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Tue, May 22, 2001 at 11:19:01AM -0400:
> Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Oh, and I got Apache compiled, installed, configured, and running... ;)
> > Maybe it's time to get a real hostname to use instead of the test
> > one I'm using now... =)
>
> Well?  Pass it on, so we can find out how hard (easy) it is to
> slashdot a multiply virtualized webswerver.

=P  Probably about as easy as slashdotting a matchbox-sized server... =)

Did some more research and found out the other product I need...
VMWare GSX... doesn't require an X display, meaning you can
virtual-host (more than one of them actually) your machine from
the command line on a server... good stuff... only $2500! =)  Or
if you're adventureous, VMWare ESX, don't even want to know how
much that one costs, especially since it runs on its own OS...
Now if only I had a good reason to run one of these... =P

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org