emacs copying

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
27 May 2001 21:43:45 -0400

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> I have trouble copying stuff from outside Emacs into documents while using
> Emacs. I either do a three-button emulation or use Netscape Copy but whenever I
> paste it pastes the last buffer from Emacs ittself and not the ebuffer from my
> entire computer. Can somebody give a short explanation how to handle the
> diffferent buffers?

Make sure that you aren't selecting text in the Emacs window,
either using the usual Emacs commands or the mouse, before you
try to middle-click to paste.  That's about the only potential
problem I can think of.

Also: by default, Emacs puts the text at the point where you
middle-click, not at the current cursor position.  You can
configure this, though.