[Re: Linux costs more than Windows]

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 31 May 2001 16:35:18 -0400

Quoted from Matt Graham on Thu, May 31, 2001 at 04:14:57PM -0400:
> Don't know about Thinkpads being overpriced; I've bought my laptops used and
> the prices are fine there.  IBM keyboards are better than most other laptop
> keyboards, though, and Trackpoints beat touchpads IMHO.

Used hardware is a totally different game... much harder to upgrade
your screen from 12" to 15" on a used laptop... ;)  As for IBM
hardware, it does seem to generally be very good, I'm typing on an
IBM keyboard (plugged into a Dell desktop) right now.  Interestingly,
the new Dells come with both touchpads and the little
finger-knob-thingy-in-the-middle-of-the-keyboard (trackpoint?).

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org