SSH and OpenSSH interaction

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
06 Nov 2001 10:57:28 -0800

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> I've searched Google for the answer, but I can't seem to find it.
> Why don't SSH (as in the SSH.com version) and OpenSSH play nice
> together?  I can't for the life of me get SCP to work between the
> two, in either direction.
>
> # ssh -V
> ssh: SSH Secure Shell 3.0.1 (non-commercial version) on sparc-sun-solaris2.8
>
> # ssh -V
> SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0 FreeBSD localisations 20010713, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
> Compiled with SSL (0x0090601f).

Have you tried forcing one side or the other to drop back to
protocol version 1 with the -1 command-line option?  I've seen
problems with interactions go away magically when I've done that
in the past.  It's not quite as secure I suppose but still a darn
sight better than telnet.
--
"Long noun chains don't automatically imply security."
--Bruce Schneier